I walked out to the studio this evening to work on my stamp for the week and noticed this frost pattern on the front porch. I took several pictures of it but could not capture the essence I was looking for but did enjoy the spiral pattern. When I was doing the drawing I wanted one that was slightly larger on one end so that when I stamp into the clay and flip the stamp over it will create a spiral pattern down the piece as I stamp around. We will find out if it worked when its bisque fired and I can try it out!
So I started out these sketches with my middle and last initial. L for Linore and S for Schissel. Then I started day dreaming about curves and breaking it down a little further to individual parts of the letters and came up with this leaf pattern.